Opportunities that Scale
ScaleXtreme is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Front End/UI Engineer, San Mateo, CA
- Agent Developer - C/C++, San Mateo, CA
- DevOps Engineer, San Mateo, CA
- Marketing Intern, San Mateo, CA
- Senior Systems Engineer/Client Solution Consultant, San Mateo, CA
- Develop robust web applications from end-to-end that can be used by others to manage millions of servers and server deployments.
- Experience in Web 2.0 technologies, efficient handling and display of large data sets interactively
- Exposure to Web Workers, HTML5/Canvas, XHR, XHR2
- GWT experience / willingness to learn and use it.
- Push quality code quickly within a nimble, agile environment
- Candidates will ideally have 3-4 years of front-end/UI experience
Agent Developer - C/C++
The agent software gets deployed on the actual machine that the product manages and where the actual systems management work gets done.
This is a highly portable piece of software capable of running on Windows, Linux, and a variety of other operating systems, and includes some very interesting communication to the cloud-based service.
We are looking for someone on the team to help develop and own this software.
- Core knowledge of Windows, Linux, UNIX
- Experience in building components in a distributed system (experience with cloud hosted infrastructure a plus)
- Excellent knowledge in building on core communication protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP and application-specific communication protocols built on top of these base protocols
DevOps Engineer (San Mateo)
ScaleXtreme is building the next generation of cloud and systems management products delivered as a cloud service. We provide simple cloud-based products to help build, operate, and scale your server infrastructure and datacenter. We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to play a major role in building our infrastructure. As a part of this team, you will have the ability to work on our groundbreaking product and work with an experienced team to make the company a success.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Review and drive improvements in production systems, services, monitoring, reporting and alerting
- Support mission critical systems and services running at large scale
- Proactively prepare for upcoming releases, changes, and challenges
- Help manage planning and execution to deliver high-availability services
- Work closely with other functional groups as needed
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5+ years of industry experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience running/maintaining a 24x7 internet production environments
- Deep understanding of internet protocols
- Experience supporting Cloud-based applications
- Experience in the design and implementation of automation of operational tasks
- Solid coding skills in Python, PHP and Unix shells
- Experience with open source tools such as Apache, Nagios, MySQL, noSQL
- Experience with Juniper firewalls - SRX and their ilk and Cisco firewalls
- Hands on experience with VPN setup / management
- Understanding of CORAID www.coraid.com
- Experience managing systems for large scale, high availability production internet services
- Must be self-starter, a fast learner and work well both with the team and independently.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills
- BS in Computer Science or similar technical domain
ScaleXtreme is building the next generation of cloud and systems management products delivered as a cloud service. We provide simple cloud-based products to help build, operate, and scale your server infrastructure and datacenter. We are seeking a summer Marketing Intern (May through August 2013) in our San Mateo, California office to assist with our marketing activities.
- This person will work directly with our Marketing team, executing very hands-on digital marketing tasks and projects
- These activities will involve everything from researching/writing content to assisting in executing new marketing programs
- The intern will also work collaboratively with product marketing, IT Ops, and engineering teams
- Working 30-40 hours per week
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must currently be in your 3rd or 4th year of a bachelor degree program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Background in digital marketing and social media, and basic understanding of IT Operations
- Must be organized, methodical and ready roll up your sleeves to complete a wide variety of marketing assignments
- Ideal person will have a basic understanding of the technical workings of digital properties including but not limited to: HTML, programming languages, UI design, blogs, and analytical programs
- Experience in writing Marketing related content
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What would you do on a daily basis?
- Analyze site experience trends and recommend improvements to digital assets, content, and experience
- Contribute to Site Website Design, Optimization and Management
- Recommend and assist in activating Social Media Growth and Consumer Engagement platform
Senior Systems Engineer/Client Solution Consultant (San Mateo)
ScaleXtreme is building the next generation of cloud and systems management products delivered as a cloud service. We provide simple cloud-based products to help build, operate, and scale your server infrastructure and datacenter. We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer/Client Solution Consultant to play a role in building our client base. As a part of this team, this person will require a great degree of technical expertise as well as great presence and ability to engage with customers at a senior level.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for a broad range of pre and post sales activities
- Working closely with the sales reps on tactical and strategic sales engagement with customers
- Product evangelism, technical marketing and proof of concept deployments
- Help customers build and deploy complex applications on their virtual infrastructure or the cloud by either porting existing infrastructure or brand-new deployments on the public cloud
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Deep expertise in both Windows or Linux configuration, systems administration and automation
- Strong experience with a combination of coding with scripting languages, such as Windows Powershell, Shell, Python, etc. to deploy and configure applications and servers
- Understanding and experience in managing multi-tier application architecture, distributed systems, load balancing, database deployment and management, etc.
- Networking and firewall configuration, including routing, firewall configuration, VLAN's, VPN's, etc.
- Experience with public/private cloud-based services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS/EC2), Rackspace, Microsoft Azure, HP Cloud Services, VMware vCloud, OpenStack, CloudStack, etc.
Sign Up »